What is Programming Methodology?
Then the example above is an example of a problem because it is very difficult to calculate these types of calculations manually again and again, so to solve the preceding given requirement programmatically with a permanent solution, each programming language has its own methodology and style of coding to solve the given problem. The following are some of the common types of programming methodologies.
A programming language in which the entire logic of the program is written as a single continuous (nonstop or unbroken) block is called unstructured programming. The following are the key points of unstructured programming languages:
- It is a type of problem-solving technique in which we solve the problem in terms of lots of codes.
- If the requirements increase, then the code is also increased.
- There is no re-usability of existing code.
- Finding an error in a program is very difficult.
- The syntax and structure is very difficult to understand and remember.
- Modification is very difficult.
- Non-structured languages allow only basic data types, such as numbers, strings and arrays.
- Statements are usually one in each line.
JOSS, FOCAL, MUMPS, TELCOMP, COBOL, FORTRAN etc.
What is Structured Programming Language?
- The syntax and structure is very simple to understand and remember.
- Finding an error in a program is easy.
- Modification is easy.
- There is no re-usability of existing code as much as expected.
What Object Oriented Programming ?
- Re-usability of existing code.
- Extensibility of existing code.
- Maintainability Key points of OOP languages
C++, Java, C#, F#, VB.NET etc.