- Private Cloud
- Public Cloud
- Hybrid Cloud
The cloud platform developed for an organization which services only used within organization over private network is termed as private cloud.
Private cloud services only used within the organization or its dedicated customer behind the firewall but services never been exposed over the public network. The private cloud has organization specific data center and mostly private cloud considered for confidential applications where customer or organization don't wanted exchange the data over the public network. The following diagram demonstrate the private cloud
Key Points of Private Cloud
- Services accessed only within the organization over private network and LAN behind firewall
- Services not exposed for other organization or other customer means it can't be shared for multiple customers
- Data center resides within the organization
- Best suited for secure data exchange since it's not involved the public network
- Organization is responsible for maintenance & management of the private cloud
- Private cloud is expensive since it requires the cost of setup, maintenance & management
Private cloud mostly used in banking, defense and medical domain application where confidentiality of data & information has priority.
Public cloud services exposed over the public network and anyone can subscribe and use the public cloud services. These services available for multiple organizations and data centers spread across the geographical regions.
Public cloud has ready to use and quick setup services which helps the faster application development without worrying about the underlying infrastructure setup. The following diagram demonstrate the public cloud
Example of Public Clouds
- Microsoft Azure
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Google Cloud
- IBM Cloud
- Alibaba Cloud etc.
Key Points of Public Cloud
- Services can be used by multiple organizations over public network
- Data center resides at the cloud provider premises
- Public cloud considered as less secure to share confidential information since it involved the public network
- Cloud providers are responsible for maintenance & management of the public cloud, user don't have to be worry about it.
- Public cloud less expensive as compare to the private cloud since it does not requires the cost of setup, maintenance & management
When the combination of private and public cloud services used by an organization then its termed as hybrid cloud.
It's often the either of the cloud does not provide the capability to deliver the certain application requirement then organization choose to use the both the cloud services to build the applications. The following diagram demonstrate the hybrid cloud
Key Points of Hybrid Cloud
- Data coming from public cloud will kept on public cloud databases but private cloud data resides in the private database
- Private cloud datacenter resides within organization and public cloud datacenter resides over the cloud provider premises
- The confidential information shared using the private cloud and other information can be shared using the public cloud
- Hybrid cloud is little expensive since it using private and public cloud services together
Hope article is useful to understand about the public, private and hybrid cloud deployment models, if you have any feedback then please share in the comment box.