Microsoft announced the roll-out of Windows 11 later this year and also announced that some of the current Windows 10 PC's are eligible for a free upgrade. Microsoft plans to support the existing Windows 10 until October 14, 2025.
Following are the minimum system configurations required for Windows 11 free upgradation.
- At least 4 GB RAM
- 64 GB or greater system storage
- 64-Bit Processor having minimum speed 1 Ghz with 2 Cores
- The system should be capable of Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) and secure boot
- Graphics card having DirectX 12 compatible graphics / WDDM 2.x
- Display should be greater than 9 inches with HD Resolution
- The system should support Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0
- Active Internet connection with Microsoft Account